Landlords have a legal duty to ensure the safety of tenants. This is regulated by several Acts of Parliament that impose a statutory duty on landlords with respect to electrical safety as follows:
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987
- The Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
- Housing Act 1996
- The Housing (Managaement of Houses in Multiple Occupation) Regulations 1990
As a Landlord you must maintain the electrical installation, and any equipment provided by you, in a safe condition. In addition the regulations require a Report every time you have a change of occupancy.
If you are renting out a property AKD can provide you with a Periodic Inspection wiring report.This report will provide peace of mind in these difficult times as it would provide evidence that the wiring meets the current British Standards.
So why the necessity for Periodic Inspection & Testing?
- Periodic inspection and testing is necessary because all installations deteriorate due to a number of factors, such as damage, wear, tear, corrosion, excessive electrical loading, ageing and environmental influences
- Legislation requires that:
- Electrical installations are maintained in a safe condition and therefore must be periodically tested
- Licensing authorities, public bodies, insurance companies, mortgage lenders and others may require periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations
Periodic inspection & testing should also be considered:
- On change of occupancy or change of use of the premises
- Prior to alterations and additions to the original installation
- Where there is reason to believe that damage may have been caused to the installation
- To comply with BS7671 and the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
As members of both NICEIC and SELECT, AKD keep abreast of all the changes in the law and electrical regulations (BS7671). So you don’t have to.
Why not remove all the hassle and join AKD’s Customer List?
- All of our inspecting engineers are qualified electricians who hold formal testing & inspection qualifications to national standards as recognised by NICEIC and the IET (formerly IEE)
- 7 day turn around
- BS7671 Compliant Periodic Inspection Reports
- Schedule of Test Results
- Evidence of any defect and departure from the IEE Regulations
- Free estimate for any remedial works required
- Notification and advice relating to the frequency and extent of future tests
For pricing and to register an interest please contact us using the contact information on this website or by emailing email@example.com